Thursday, June 26, 2008

My First Trip

I went on my first trip last week. We spent a week in Florida. I got to meet several family members for the first time. I met my Mammaw and Great Uncle Mike. We stayed with them for a week. While we were there I met my cousin Mary and my Great, Great Aunt Gertie. I also met my Papa for the first time at lunch one day. Daddy was gone most of the time while we were at Mammaw's house and I rolled from my belly to my back for the first time on June 18th. Mommy had to send daddy a text message about it. I also started sucking more on my fist and drooling more. I say "ooohhh" and "ahhhh" and can generally carry on a conversation with just those two words.

After we left Palatka, we spent a couple of nights at Papa and Nanny's. I met Uncle Billy for the first time too while we were there. I had a great time with all the Lee side of the family. I was held and spoiled a lot. I think everyone held me at some point.

Everyone wants to know how I did in the van. It was ok. While I was asleep it didn't bother me and mommy sat by me which helped. I definitely didn't cry as much in the van as I did the first few weeks of my life. Removing the mirror helped me not to be so scared. All those objects flying by is pretty frightening!

I have to say that I'm glad to be home and I've grown so much that I am now in 3/6 month (or 6 month) clothing.

I hear there is a trip to Florida next week to meet some more family - the Ratliff and Speed side. I hear there is a special lady we call Tata that I am named after (the Estelle part). She's turning 90 and there is a surprise party in the works....more to come later.




No comments: